Facebook

Why I love the Google Pixel

There are many things that can make me love a phone. If its camera is good,my love is automatic. If its processor is good,ditto. But something about this Pixel phone made me love it right after I saw its first photo online. It's not the design,mind you. There is just something about it,I can't say what. This is my first time of using any phone made by Google(I have never used a Nexus,so sue me!)and they say first impressions last longer. Well,if this is my first impression of this phone,know that more pixels will be shown on this site. Here are the 5 features I love about the Google Pixel.

1. It's Design
This is my first time of using a Google Phone,and the design of this one is superb. Many of you may not like the mix of glass and metal found behind the phone,but it's a great design. Yes,yes it looks like an iPhone(which phone doesn't these days?)but this design has something that iPhones don't. I don't know what,and that's weird. In fact,my feelings for this phone are weird. I have no idea what makes me tick when I look at it,but there's something about this phone that makes me love it.
The design is simple,just like that of the OP3. It won't turn any heads if brought out in public(except the heads of thieves,because of the price of this thing)but the design is one of the things I love about this phone.

2. It's Display

Google decided to go with a 1080p display on this 5 inch screen. It's AMOLED,so no worries about black levels. The display is bright and crisp,and saturation is excellent. There is a big brother to this guy called the Pixel XL,and that one has a QHD,which is what I would have loved to see. The display still gets plenty bright,and 500 nits max. brightness is excellent. Another thing I love about this device.

3. It's Software

I won't lie,I hate stock Android. It's too simple,with no atom of ,you know,attractiveness. Many people may not think so,but I do. I prefer MiUI from Xiaomi,or Flyme from Meizu. Even XOS is better than stock Android. But that's not the point.
The Pixel has great software. The bugs found in the aforementioned ROMS are non existent. And the fact that this phone flies through tasks given to it is awesome. Stock Android has the following advantages(to me)
-Simple,clean(too clean)UI
-Fluid performance
-gets updated easily since OEMs do not have to create a ROM and fix the bugs before sending updates
Disadvantages
-just too simple
-no cool features like on MiUI or Flyme OS
Google Assistant comes baked into the software. I know it is available on other devices running Android. It's just that this one is baked in. So,you get my drift.



4. It's Performance
Pairing a Snapdragon 821 chip with Adreno™ 530 graphics,4GB of RAM and stock Android was the best move Google made. This thing literally flies through tasks. There is no waiting for apps to load. Even the notorious GTA:LCS loaded super quickly(5 secs as opposed to the KeyONE which took 15 secs,and runs on Snapdragon 625). The performance is awesome,and the price tells it all.


5.It's Camera(this thing is awesome AF!)
It houses a 12.3MP Sony IMX®375 camera with a flash module(containing 2 lights) and 3 dots I do not know their use. This thing takes badass photos rivalled only by the iPhone 7 and Galaxy S7(and S8 of recent). The only place it fails is in portrait mode,and I read that the iPhone 7 nails this right  in the head. Here are some shots:

There are some things I don't like about it(my hate for stock Android is obvious) but it is altogether a great smartphone that I would recommend without looking back. In Nigeria,you can get it on Jumia for about 215000 naira(that is the high end category)
If you buy this phone after reading this,do tell me what you think. I'll talk to you guys in the next one. Peace!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do we really need flagship devices?

iPhone X Hands On :Apple Has Done It!

Samsung Galaxy S9 Review

iPhone 8 Specifications