Facebook

iPHONE SE Review 2017:Is it still worth your money?

It's not design nostalgia. It's not simply size. One month at tycoontech and Apple's iPhone SE is almost... magic.
Do you really need to be told that an iPhone SE is the right phone for you? That one of the only devices with both a 4-inch screen and a current-generation spec sheet is worth your money?
Of course not.
But what I can help you with is how it feels to go from an iPhone 6s Plus or an iPhone 6s back to the iPhone 5s form factor, and how it impacts your life in meaningful, often unexpected ways.
iPhone SE is a wonderful, almost-perfect iPhone. But its imperfections may gall some potential buyers, because it lacks much of what makes the latest, albeit far more expensive, iPhones what they are.
Given that I have never used any iPhone for more than 5 minutes(except the iPhone 7) the fact that I like this phone means a lot to me. Anyway,here's what you lose with the iPhone SE.
Obviously, by going from an iPhone 6s or 6s Plus you lose quite a bit of what makes the latest-generation Apple products so good: 3D Touch; a second-generation Touch ID sensor; and perhaps most important (to me), a Haptic Engine, which replaced the vibrator motor in the iPhone 5s.
But hey,here's the thing. This is basically an iPhone 6s plus in the body of an iPhone 5. I never really used the iPhone 5,but from the few moments we were together,I really disliked its small screen size,as squinting was the order of the day. But since this is the closest youll get to an iPhone 5(and 5s) dedign and screen size in 2017,the iPhone SE has to have a 4-inch display, which is both smaller and lower resolution than either the iPhone 6s or 6s Plus. Not only are objects slightly smaller than they are on the larger devices, making reading longer documents less comfortable, but the screen itself doesn't show as much information.


But hey! You do have to gain something with this new offering right? Here's what you gain
The new smallest phone right now pushes you to do the right thing on the right devices. Doubt me? Here's an instance.
I normally would have edited the photos for this post on my new OP3 or on an older phone here with me,since I return most of them. Say,maybe the Camon C9. But,during my use with the iPhone SE,I found that what I would have done on my phone,such as photo editing,was now moved to the laptop,which is the proper device for it. Typing blog posts was also reserved for the MiPad or Laptop,and the phone was majorly for calling,as even texting was difficult.
But here's the thing: I know, and have since proven, that undertaking these tasks on a larger phone lulls you into a sense of false productivity, that it is actually faster to get stuff done on that single, all-encompassing device.
Since getting my iPhone SE, I have naturally limited my usage to what feels right on the four-inch screen, which is considerably less than feels "right" on a 5.5-inch one. I'm no longer reading (of half-reading) pieces from the Atlantic, linked through the Twitter app; I have stopped pecking out, and feeling frustrated by, long emails. I can't compel myself to undertake the kinds of tasks that can, but often shouldn't, get done on a smartphone.
The comfort of palming
I had almost forgotten what it meant for a phone to be completely submerged in my balm,with no breathing space for it. I could literally hide the whole phone by clenching my fist,and this is really a welcome improvement,after coming from the OP3 and the like,which rank 5.5 inches and higher.
For those of you that have the  iPhone 6,6s and 6s+,I dont really know how they feel,all I know is that they feel more comfortable using the iPhone SE than the 6 and 6s series — it's not as slippery, and I can easily pinch it between two fingers without concern it will slither out and fall — or the reassurance that I will, with one hand, be able to do nearly everything I need, the iPhone SE just feels like the right choice most of the time.


The price factor
Given that this is one of the most affordable iPhones for now(I could afford it so)the iPhone SE is probably meant to welcome new Apple fanboys into their world.  Coming in at $345 for the 16GB version,this is the most affordable iPhone this year.
The iPhone SE is not only Apple's cheapest iPhone ever, but it's a relatively inexpensive smartphone, period.

A more compact camera
I love street photography. I love quiet moments, hovering on the shutter, trying to eke the perfect moment from the chaos of a city.
With the iPhone SE, I've found the perfect combination of size and capability. With the same 12MP sensor and f/2.2 lens as its iPhone 6s sibling, the SE focuses quickly and intelligently, exposing the right parts of a scene, capturing real-life colors and plentiful detail.

A battery life that takes the worries away
Chalk it up to the iPhone SE's relatively low-resolution screen and power-efficient A9 processor, but I'm finding battery life to be better than on the more expensive phones like the Galaxies,and the Motos.

Design to die for
The design looks a lot like the iPhone 5,but with some key additions like touch ID

But what I will forever love on this phone is the fact that it doesn't come with regular button shapes. I really hope that Apple keeps this circular thing going. All the buttons on the phone are circular and it feels much better to press a circle than a subdued rectangle with rounded corners.


It's just a feeling
It's not a nostalgia thing. It's not even a screen size thing. There's just something about the iPhone SE that I keep returning to, a bond that I've made with its design that I can't quite quantify. I acknowledge its shortcomings, and they just don't matter as much as I thought they would.
There's something magic about that.
See it at Apple.com and at jumia.com.ng

Comments

  1. Wow nice blog I love it, you can visit my blogFulloaded



    Make money online on Legitpay


    Fulloaded


    Fulloaded


    Fulloaded

    Fulloaded

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such a great piece of content. It really helps me and clears so many thoughts running in my mind. Besides, I'm from Pakistan and curious to know iPhone 6 Price in Pakistan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Be respectful towards others and don't use this as an avenue to insult others. We take abuse very seriously and have the right to remove any abusive or immoral comment. Use this as an avenue to share your thoughts on a post. And please,stay on topic while commenting.
Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

Do we really need flagship devices?

iPhone X Hands On :Apple Has Done It!

Samsung Galaxy S9 Review

iPhone 8 Specifications